Monday 9 May 2011

Art in the Garage

So its onto canvas art and painting again. Dunelm Mill has got 30x40 canvases at £11.99 so I treated myself to one. Just going to see how it hold up and then will go back for more if ok.

Here it is after texture has been put on.

Texture is house paint, normal emulsion matt, with wood glue (lots at least 1/2 500ml bottle) water and pollyfiller. Mix until smooth, I don't mind the odd lump. Then paint on and slosh around as you like.

Other canvases done at the same time and my mannequins. They are waiting for inspiration from me. I have 4 modern and one old one. There are canvases hanging from the rafters too.


Going to auction on Tuesday, there are three lots of art materials...................... boxes and boxes. Plus 67 canvases. Will I spend too much money, probably. Anyone want to come we could go shares on the lots????

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could come - but then I just wrote about having too much stuff - BUT, three boxes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are all read and appreciated. Hope you will forgive me if I miss commenting on your comment, I will be busy doing art :-) x Joan