Monday 25 April 2011

Rupert and the Poetry Book

This week my life has been taken over by a ton + of chicken manure. My veg plot needs a constant supply of this stuff so i have been loading/unloading a trailer all week. How many forkfuls in a ton? A lot I can tell you. I am pooped literally.

So no energy for the planned large canvases! Instead i am ongoing with more Rupert. This time I had a school poetry book (1958) and have combined suitable images from a 1970's Rupert annual to compliment the poems. These are 6x4, postcard size mounts.




I am having great fun doing these, it takes me back to my childhood, when I used to read my books under the covers, lit by a torch. Any one else do that? The last one is one of my favourites, take some time out for yourself.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Joan they are so lovely. I wish i had your talent..... Yes i can remember reading with a torch under the bedclothes, Oh happy days. I too love the last poem its very emotional. Take care Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda thank you, I do really appreciate your support and comments. Belonging to our Wednesday group has really helped me. See you soon xx's Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely catching up today !!! and see your work too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cherry be good to see you at mine!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are all read and appreciated. Hope you will forgive me if I miss commenting on your comment, I will be busy doing art :-) x Joan