Sunday 5 August 2012

Busy Saturday

Saturday marked the last day of the Olympic Creative Challenges at Slack Space. On the way I went via the Junk Jamboree, a Vintage and Craft Fiar run by Liz. I've left my details for the next one.


This is Hattie, daughter of one of my Ebay clients, small world, I sold her Mum a 1950's kitchen cupboard last year, too big to post so she had to come collect it. Never ever thought I would make new friends via Ebay!!  Hattie is now selling a good selection of stuff on her stall. Don't you just love her pink hair?


This young lady looked really stylish in her 1950's gear. apparently she works as a model, so thin too.

I took a walk through the grounds of St Botolphs Priory and took a few pictures.



It is a popular short cut from the car park into the main shopping centre of Colchester.

Then after a quick sandwich off to Slack Space. It was a crowded venue as lots of people had turned up, adults, children, boys, girls in fact nearly every sort of human!!! 


Lots to do as well, jewelry, inches, face masks, laurel wreathes, fabric collage, mosaic, photography, willow baskets and book binding which I had a go at.


Several ladies that came to the Paper Stitching course were there. It was really lovely to see Nan, Mum and daughter, three generations from one family. Just to be clear Nan's in the top picture with the white hat :-)
 All having a great time doing crafts.

Paula, the staff at Slack Space and all the facilitators who led the courses have worked so hard. I am proud to have been a part of this.

Thank you all for your good wishes whilst I have been off colour. I'm now feeling much better, thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are all read and appreciated. Hope you will forgive me if I miss commenting on your comment, I will be busy doing art :-) x Joan